V ancil Memorial Funeral Chapel was founded in 1916 by W.T. Vancil in Auburn, Illinois. Known as W.T. Vancil Funeral Chapel at the time, the business was a storefront operation on the east side of the square. The Auburn funeral chapel was closed in 1927.
Upon the closing of the Auburn chapel in 1927, W.T. Vancil moved his operation to Springfield. Springfield's first W.T. Vancil Funeral Chapel was located at the corner of 5th & Allen Streets. The business was operated from this location until 1934.